Come and join us for a live webinar to learn about patenting today’s computer and mobile games. The webinar will be held by our European Patent Attorney Tomi Konkonen on 20 May 2021 at 10 am EEST. The webinar is free of charge and all registrants will receive a link to the recording after the webinar.
In this webinar you will hear specifics about patenting in the field of modern software, especially related to today’s mobile and computer games. You will learn about what to consider when patenting computer games and how to patent mobile game apps and platforms.
- Companies operating in the field of modern software, computer games, mobile games and other gaming software technologies
- Companies in which gaming innovations and the rapidly evolving software business will play a role
- Patent attorneys and other experts in the IP field
You’ll find out about
- IP landscape of today’s computer games
- What to take into account when considering the rapidly evolving gaming business and patenting innovations in which for example mobile and game consoles play a role
- Evolution of game innovations
- Patenting challenges in the field of software and game development
Tomi Konkonen works as Team Leader for Papula-Nevinpat´s ICT and Electrical Engineering Team and he is a European Patent Attorney. He is also a partner in the company.
Tomi began working in IPR more than 15 years ago. His career started at the National Boards of Patents and Registrations of Finland. He then moved to a post as a patent engineer with Nokia IPR.
In 2002, Tomi moved to work in a private practice. He continued studying and, after spending some time at the European Patent Office in Munich, qualified as a European patent attorney in 2006. In addition to the time spent in Munich, Tomi also completed the Certificate on Patent Litigation in Europe at the Université Strasbourg III for the right to represent a client at the Unified Patent Court. In 2010, Tomi moved to an international patent attorney company and returned back to Finland in 2014.